New? Start Here
Are you just starting out? Looking for some pointers to start your own clothing line? Great.
I’m going to be updating this area with new links and resources for the first-time visitor.
If you are anything like me, you want to soak up as much information as possible and quickly read any and every resource available. Here is my advice: Slow Down. Rome wasn’t built in a day (or so they say). Come up with an outline of what it is you need to learn to get the ball rolling, and then take your time with the content.
For the Beginner:
- Know your target market. What style of fashion do you lean towards? That will tell you plenty
- Build your network; you need to know designers, photographers, web programmers, marketing gurus, etc.
Start talking with them and plant the seeds of a working relationship
- Identify your brand identity; this is the “who you are” part.
- Trademark your name
- Create your list of suppliers + various vendors
- Build your website + social network
- Develop your sample line
- Conduct your Photo shoot
- Launch the site
- Start Selling
This list isn’t meant to be comprehensive in nature, but will give you a good idea of how you need to start and what the roadmap looks like. The site will get more granular as we add content.
Feel free to comment with any questions or requests for information; I’ll do my best to help out!